UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel (commonly referred to as “LVR” for “Low Voltage Rescue”) covers the performance of rescue procedures from live low voltage apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace.
In the course you will learn how to:
• Control hazards in a rescue situation
• Maintain a live panel rescue kit
• Safely remove a victim from a live low voltage panel
• Perform CPR on the victim
• Treat burns and bleeding injuries and
• Secure the incident scene.
The specific course entry requirements are the successful completion of HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (commonly referred to as “CPR”). The LVR course is delivered with CPR also, so enrolling in LVR automatically enrolls you in CPR to do at the same time.
To successfully complete this course, you must be physically able to complete the assessments which include:
• Performing uninterrupted CPR for at least two minutes on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
• Performing uninterrupted CPR for at least two minutes on an infant resuscitation manikin and
• Demonstrating safe manual handling techniques.
A Statement of Attainment for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel.
• LVR is valid for 12 months and must be completed every 12 months for anyone working on live LV panels.
• CPR is also valid for 12 months.
You complete the learning component and theory assessment online, before attending the face-to-face course in which you will undertake the practical assessments for the course.