Face masks update
From 11.59pm, Sunday 17 January 2021, face masks will no longer be mandatory in all public indoor settings.
These requirements are in line with settings that were in place at Christmas time.
Face masks continue to be mandatory in the following locations:
- on public transport
- when riding in a ride share or taxi
- in large retail stores (over 2000 sqm), such as department stores,
- electronics stores, furniture stores, hardware stores or supermarkets
inside shopping centres, including the retail stores inside shopping centres, such as clothing stores
- inside indoor markets
- on domestic flights to and from Victoria
- at airports
- in hospitals
- when working in or visiting hospitals and care facilities.
- You must always carry a face mask with you when you leave home unless you have a lawful reason not to.
It is strongly recommended you wear one whenever you cannot keep 1.5 metres distance from others.