A USI is a reference number made up of a series of numbers and letters.
It creates a secure online record of all of your nationally recognised training. You can access this record at anytime and anywhere there is an internet available. The USI is yours for life.
The USI is linked to the National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Data Collection. This means that your nationally recognised training and qualifications successfully completed anywhere in Australia, from different training organisations, will be kept all together.
The USI will:
– link all of a student’s VET achievements
– let students access secure digital transcripts of their achievements from January 2016
– give students more control over their VET information.
You can create a USI for free and it takes less than 5 minutes
Here is a great tip when supplying your information to the training provider
- Make sure that you advise of the full name that you supplied when you applied for your USI as your training provider must verify the name, date of birth and the USI with the national database.
- Ensuring you advise consistent details between USI database and the training provider can reduce the time it takes for you to receive your qualification
Click HERE to create your USI.